Filmmaker Karan Johar recently discussed his latest film, Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, during an interview. He revealed how actor Tota Roy Chowdhury’s character in the film was related to his own childhood experiences.
Additionally, Karan Johar shared about his own experiences being called names in college due to his body language and mannerisms. He expressed how this stayehttps://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/reference/rest/v3/projects/translateText din his heart and shaped his perspective.
About Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani
Karan Johar made his directorial comeback with Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani. The film stars Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh, with Tota playing the role of Alia’s father. He is a professional Kathak dancer who faces humiliation for his art. However, he gets a chance to prove himself when Ranveer’s character also learns Kathak and they deliver a powerful performance together.
- The film is directed by Karan Johar.
- It stars Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh.
- Tota Roy Chowdhury portrays Alia’s father.
- Kathak dance plays an important role in the story.
- The film features a standout performance on the song “Dola Re Dola”.
Karan Johar on Connection with the Film
In an interview with Film Companion, Karan Johar revealed, “It’s also about things I have believed personally. As a child, I was very effeminate and I used to dance in my own room to Hindi songs.” He shared how his father, Yash Johar, encouraged him and enjoyed watching his dance performances from a young age.
Karan reflected on how, later in college, he faced judgment and ridicule for his body language and mannerisms. He shared the impact this had on him and how Tota’s character in the film relates to his childhood experiences.
- Karan reminisces about dancing to Hindi songs as a child.
- His father, Yash Johar, was supportive and proud of his dancing.
- Karan faced judgment and ridicule in college for his mannerisms.
- Tota’s character in the film reflects Karan’s own experiences.