PM says India has “demography, democracy and diversity” to realize the country’s dreams
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation from the iconic Red Fort today on the occasion of the 77th Independence Day. PM says India has “demography, democracy and diversity” and these factors have the potential to realize the dreams of the country.
India’s role during COVID-19 and emerging as Vishwa Mitra
Recalling the era of COVID-19, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that India helped different countries during the time of crisis and that India has emerged as a “Vishwa Mitra” (friend of the world).
- India’s contribution to global welfare
- Emergence as Vishwa Mitra
PM Modi’s 10th consecutive Independence Day address
This is PM Modi’s 10th consecutive Independence Day address to the nation from the Red Fort. Cabinet ministers, political leaders, all three service chiefs and bureaucrats are also present for the occasion.
Multi-layer security in place
Multi-layer security is in place across Delhi with more than 10,000 personnel manning the area in and around the historic Red Fort.
- Chief Justice’s Folded Hands Gesture On PM’s Praise For Supreme Court
- PM Modi announces ‘Vishwakarma scheme’ from September
- French President Emmanuel Macron wishes India on Independence Day
- IAF headquarters to be illuminated in tricolour
PM Modi’s Independence Day Address Highlights
Next 5 years belongs to unprecedented development
PM Modi says the national character of a nation is the biggest catalyst agent to become a developed nation. In next 25 years, we must move forward with the mantra of unity. It is Modi’s guarantee that India will be among the top three economies in the world in the next 5 years.
- Focus on unprecedented development
- Unity as a key driver
- India among top three economies
PM Modi speaks on dynastic politics
PM Modi criticizes dynastic politics and appeasement, stating that they have destroyed the country. He emphasizes the importance of having a political party that is not dominated by a single family.
- Against dynastic politics and appeasement
- Importance of diverse political parties
India’s progress in various sectors
PM Modi highlights India’s progress in various sectors, including infrastructure development, defense, and technology. He emphasizes the importance of continuous reforms and innovation.
- Infrastructure development
- Defense power and border security
- Technological advancements
Launch of Vishwakarma Yojana
PM Modi announces the launch of the Vishwakarma Yojana, which aims to empower artisans and craftspeople and integrate them into the domestic and global value chain.
- Economic empowerment of artisans and craftspeople
- Integration into global value chain
- Focus on vulnerable sections of society
India’s rising global influence
PM Modi highlights the growing global confidence in India as the country rises and develops. He emphasizes the importance of India’s role in the world and calls on the citizens to contribute to the country’s growth.
- India’s rising global influence
- Citizens’ role in building the country