Published Date: Aug 08, 2023 00:10 IST
Five Rajya Sabha MPs have demanded to move a Privilege Motion against AAP MP Raghav Chadha after alleging that their “forged signatures” were added in the proposed select committee on Delhi Services Bill without their consent. The MPs include S Phangnon Konyak, Narhari Amin, Sudhanshu Trivedi, M Thambidurai, and Sasmit Patra.
- The MPs alleged that their names were included in the proposed select committee on Delhi Services Bill without their consent.
- Chadha stated that he will respond to the Privileges Committee when they send a notice.
- Thambidurai submitted a letter to the Rajya Sabha Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar regarding the matter.
- Bharatiya Janata Party MP Narhari Amin claimed that Chadha included his name in the Select Committee without his knowledge or consent.
- Biju Janata Dal MP Sasmit Patra filed a complaint stating that his name was added without his consent.
Bill Passing and Remarks
The bill to replace the ordinance for control of services in Delhi was passed in the Upper House. Union Minister Amit Shah mentioned that BJD MP Sasmit Patra and BJP MP Dr Sudhanshu Trivedi claim that they have not signed the motion to be part of the select committee moved by Raghav Chadha. Amit Shah highlighted the need for an investigation to determine how the motion was signed. Union Home Minister Amit Shah also made remarks on the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2023, in the Rajya Sabha.
The National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2023, has already been passed in the Lok Sabha last week.