The ongoing session of Parliament was once again marred by disruptions caused by the Logjam over Manipur issue. The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha proceedings were disrupted on Monday as Members of Parliament continued to protest and demand discussions on the matter.
Rahul Gandhi set to join Monsoon Session
Adding to the drama, Rahul Gandhi is set to join the Monsoon Session in Parliament today. His disqualification as an MP was revoked earlier today, allowing him to attend the session. This development is expected to create further controversy and heated debates in the Parliament.
Latest Updates from the ongoing session
- 06:33 – I.N.D.I.A alliance leaders raise ‘Rahul Gandhi Zindabad’ slogans as they welcome him to the Parliament.
- 04:57 – Rahul Gandhi is back in Lok Sabha as an MP.
- Congress issues whip to Rajya Sabha MPs, asks them to be present in House.
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury writes to Speaker Om Birla regarding BJP MP Nishikant Dubey’s comments in Lok Sabha.
- Congress delegation that visited Manipur is meeting Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge and Sonia Gandhi at Congress office in Parliament.
- Rahul Gandhi not ‘blame free’, only his conviction stayed, says Sushil Modi.
- Congress Parliamentary Party Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and MP Rahul Gandhi are at Parliament in Delhi. Rahul Gandhi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at Parliament House.
- Several Opposition MPs welcomed Congress leader Rahul Gandhi as he arrived at Parliament.
- Lok Sabha proceedings have been adjourned till 2 pm amid ruckus.
- I.N.D.I.A alliance leaders raise ‘Rahul Gandhi Zindabad’ slogans as they welcome him to the Parliament.
- Congress MP Rahul Gandhi arrives at Parliament.
- On restoration of Rahul Gandhi’s Lok Sabha membership, Congress MP P Chidambaram says, “We are happy that Speaker took the decision today. He (Rahul Gandhi) can now attend the Lok Sabha.”
Last Updated: 07 August 2023, 07:29 IST