9 Supplements to Slow Aging: Expert Recommendations
Turning 40 is a milestone that comes with a unique appreciation for life, but it also brings some downsides, including signs of aging. While there is no magic pill to stop the aging process, certain supplements may help slow it down. Here are 9 supplements recommended by experts to consider adding to your diet:
1. Turmeric: This spice has antioxidative and anti-inflammatory effects that can help alleviate aging symptoms and postpone age-related diseases. BalanceGenics Daily Turmeric is a good option.
2. Ceratiq: This plant oil extract may promote smooth skin and support skin hydration. Ritual HyaCera contains Ceratiq.
3. Pomegranate: This fruit contains plant compounds that may reduce UVB-induced skin damage. Life Extension Pomegranate Complete is a great supplement option.
4. DHA: This nutrient may help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and enhance memory. Life Extension Mega EPA/DHA is a good source.
5. Vitamin D: This nutrient may help reduce skin DNA damage and inflammation, and it plays a crucial role in bone health. Now Foods Vitamin D3 is a quality option.
6. Vitamin C: This nutrient is involved in skin collagen synthesis and may have a protective effect against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Collagen: This supplement may help support bone health and keep skin supple and healthy. Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides is a good choice.
8. Resveratrol: This natural substance found in certain foods has been linked to lessening the effects of several age-related conditions. Thorne ResveraCel is a supplement that contains resveratrol plus other ingredients.
9. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): This coenzyme may enhance mitochondrial function, which in turn, may support cardiovascular and skin health.
Remember, taking supplements alone won’t stop the aging process, but combining them with a balanced diet and regular exercise may help slow it down. And, the product recommendations in this post are not affiliate links, so you can trust that they are genuine recommendations by the writer and/or experts interviewed.