Pakistan has the edge in the upcoming Asia Cup clash, says Danish Kaneria
India has held the upper hand over Pakistan in recent multi-team events, except for their loss in the
2021 T20 World Cup. However, former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria believes that the upcoming Asia
Cup clash would be a different ball game as the Indian bowling unit appears unsettled.
- Pakistan has the advantage as India’s bowling unit looks unsettled at the moment
- India is uncertain about their fast bowlers
- Yuzvendra Chahal has been inconsistent in their spin department
- Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, and Ravindra Jadeja should be the three spinners according to Kaneria
- Ravi Bishnoi should be the standby spinner
KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer geared up for their much-anticipated returns
Star batters KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer are back in action and have been seen engaging in batting practice
as they prepare for their much-anticipated returns following their injury recoveries.
Additional matches needed before Rahul and Iyer’s reentry into international cricket
Kaneria believes that both players will require a few additional matches under their belt before being
included in India’s squad for the upcoming major tournaments. He believes good form in these matches
should determine their inclusion.
India to face Pakistan in Asia Cup opener
India will kickstart their Asia Cup campaign against Pakistan in a Group A match at the Pallekele
International Cricket Stadium on September 2.