Note: The given Meta description above is written in HTML format.
Pakistan skipper Babar Azam achieved a major milestone in the Lanka Premier League (LPL) by becoming the second cricketer to score ten centuries in T20 cricket. Azam accomplished this feat during the LPL match between Colombo Strikers and Galle Titans, where he scored an impressive 104 off 59 balls to help his team win by seven wickets.
Babar Azam’s Remarkable Batting Record
- Azam currently ranks third in the shorter format and has scored three centuries in international matches.
- He has also scored two centuries each in the Vitality Blast and National T20 Cup.
- Azam has also smashed a century in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and during a tour match against Leicestershire.
- His recent century in the LPL took his overall tally to ten, making him the fourth player to achieve this milestone since the inception of the league in 2018.
- Chris Gayle is the only player who has scored more than ten T20 centuries, leading the tally with 22 tons in 463 matches.
- Australia’s David Warner, Aaron Finch, Michael Klinger, and Virat Kohli have also smashed eight T20 hundreds each.
In the match between Colombo Strikers and Galle Titans, Galle Titans set a target of 188/3 in 20 overs, with Tim Seifert scoring 54 off 35 balls. In response, Babar Azam opened the innings for Colombo, along with Pathum Nissanka. The opening pair provided a solid start of 111/1 in 12.3 overs, with Nissanka scoring 54 off 40 balls. Azam remained unbeaten until the final over, ensuring his team’s victory without dropping any points.
Babar Azam’s Preparation for Asia Cup
Babar Azam considers his participation in the Lanka Premier League as an opportunity to fine-tune his performance ahead of major tournaments like the Asia Cup and ICC World Cup. He mentioned that playing in different leagues and varied conditions helps him learn and adapt to different bowlers from Asia, which will be beneficial in upcoming big tournaments.