Apple Rumored to Unveil iPhone 15 Pro Features in September
Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 15 lineup in September. As usual, many new features have been rumored for the Pro and Pro Max models, including a USB-C port, A17 Bionic chip, titanium frame, Action button, and more.
Below, we have recapped 12 new features and changes rumored for the iPhone 15 Pro models.
- A17 Bionic chip: iPhone 15 Pro models are expected to be equipped with Apple’s next-generation A17 Bionic chip, manufactured based on TSMC’s 3nm process for continued performance and efficiency improvements. The standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are expected to have an A16 Bionic chip.
- Titanium frame: Like the Apple Watch Ultra, the iPhone 15 Pro models are expected to have a titanium frame instead of stainless steel.
- Ultra-thin bezels: Similar to recent Apple Watch models, the iPhone 15 Pro is rumored to have ultra-thin curved bezels around the display.
- USB-C port: iPhone 15 Pro models will feature a USB-C port with support for at least USB 3.2 or Thunderbolt 3, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
- Wi-Fi 6E: Like the latest Macs and iPad Pro, the iPhone 15 Pro will support Wi-Fi 6E for faster wireless speeds.
- Increased RAM: iPhone 15 Pro models will be equipped with an increased 8GB of RAM, according to TrendForce.
- Action button: iPhone 15 Pro models are rumored to be equipped with a customizable Action button like the Apple Watch Ultra.
- Increased optical zoom for iPhone 15 Pro Max: The iPhone 15 Pro Max will feature a periscope telephoto lens, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
- Ultra Wideband improvements: iPhone 15 models will likely have an upgraded Ultra Wideband chip for improved integration with Apple’s upcoming Vision Pro headset.
- LiDAR Scanner improvements: iPhone 15 Pro models will have a more power-efficient LiDAR Scanner supplied by Sony, improving 3D depth scanning performance.
- More repairable design: The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to have a more repairable design, similar to the iPhone 14 models.
- eSIM-only in more countries: iPhone 15 Pro models may be compatible with eSIMs only in France and potentially other countries.
With over a month to go until the iPhone 15 lineup is unveiled, additional features could still be rumored, so stay tuned for more updates.
Top Stories: iPhone 15 Pro Rumors, iOS 17 Beta 4, Vision Pro Developer Kit, and More
The next iPhone launch is rapidly approaching, and rumors are continuing to fly about what to expect for the next-generation models. Plus, we’re expecting some fresh Mac updates not too long after that. This week also saw the fourth betas of iOS 17 and related operating system updates as Apple works toward an official release alongside the new iPhones in September, while developers will soon …
iPhone 15 Pro Max Likely to Start at $1,199 to $1,299, Says Analyst
Apple’s upcoming iPhone 15 Pro models will likely be more expensive than the current models, according to analyst Tim Long. Long said this information is based on conversations with supply chain companies in Asia. In a research note, Long also mentioned that the iPhone 15 Pro is expected to cost up to $100 more than the iPhone 14 Pro.